Tuesday 7 January 2014

~Embracing the religion~

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

First and foremost, I need to do a short intro about myself.

My name is Nur Natasha Nafeesa Ong. And in case u guys were wondering what is the meaning of my name....
Let me explain these beautiful meanings in Islam to u guys reading...
Nur simply meant light... cahaya bukan ringan... hewhewhew...
Natasha pulak means a gift from Allah... pemberian Allah
Nafeesa brings the meaning in " the precious "... yg berharga...
Ong is my family name

ok... back to my topic... embracing the religion in my case Islam...

I received a lot of queries from both muslims and non muslims on the reason that i convert or i would like to use the word "hijrah".

I received a lot of perceptions by both sides but mainly people assumed that I hijrah for marriage. Yes! It is undeniable that I met a Muslim guy and i have special feelings from him. But that is not the main reason that I hijrah I got my hidayah thru dreams, thru faces of people doing solats. I felt the sense of belonging and I am so comfortable in this religion. I found myself  in front of the mirror after I took the decision to convert.

In the eyes of my races society, the Chinese, they tend to have the perception that once a Chinese convverted to Islam, they automatically turns to a Malay. ( That is the reason my mom disagree when i decided to convert!). Dont misundersand... I am still a Chinese but I am a muslim. I dont carry my chinese name not because i don wanna be a Chinese. Its just that i want my name to have a meaning and yet i still carry my surname. I wanna leave my past and turn over a new leaf.

The reason that I am writting this is just to express my disappointment in both muslims and non muslims perception on muallaf embracing this beautiful and peaceful religion. Saya peluk Islam bukan sekadar nak kahwin.



No comments:

Post a Comment